I'm Back! Sew Many New Blessings, and Sewing is still One of Them! New Projects!

My life has changed so much in the last 6 months that I can hardly make heads or tails of it. I can certainly say that my life has been enriched in every area since I started mediation, prayer, fasting, and eliminating negativity. I can handle stress better! Sewing was always a way to help me with stress, and it still is! Just now it's even more relaxing!


I am still Suzanne on the outside.

Still a peacock in a pigeon city....still so different and so pretty....All you see before you is still mine....only now my inside is Divine.

I am still sewing! I am currently working on a spring wardrobe comprised of a few jackets and dresses, all of which are interchangeable with each other. The color wheel is made up of browns, pinks, whites, greens.....well heck....let's just say it's all the darn colors, but I make em work!

I am basically making the following in 1950s fashion styles:
- lime green sundress
-sugar skull jacket with white background and multi color flowers
- gold linen sundress
-pink sugar skull jacket with browns and oranges
- brown sundress
- jacket with white background and green spools of thread print

These are all interchangeable and all will be perfect for hot Virginia summers.
 I also have plans for: a black dress with a printed sailor collar and a "vintage ladies" print dress in two tone pink and brown.

You see I have my work "CUT OUT" for me (ohhh if it only was haha).

Here are the two jackets that are done!

A word about the jacket: it's not a jacket pattern. It's a top pf a Butterick Retro dress. They still make the pattern, and in plus sizes. I just used it to make a jacket instead of a dress. It's not lined, it's for summer. I used bias tape to finish the edges and inside there's only the side seams that need overlock stitched.

 This jacket goes nice with the brown and gold sundresses. The closure is just a piece of trim looped for a button.



This dress goes with the gold and green sundresses.

You know, know that I see both, I think I could make an orange dress and it would look good too? what do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!