Therapeutic Sewing?



I know we can gripe and bitch about some of the less fun aspects of sewing, but it really is therapeutic for me!

I have not sewn anything in a few weeks, and I am now getting a twinge of longing for it. I am not even really content until I can get the WHOLE day to sit and do it.

Let's face it, that's the only way you make any progress. LOL

When I sew, I think. Sometimes I listen to 40s or 50s music. I sing along. Other times is just me and my creative energy alone in the room (along with two loudly snoring pugs). I am content. I am IN THE ZONE, MAN.

What is it about sewing that feels so therapeutic?
- the whirling of sewing machine?
- the time to yourself?
- the massive feeling of being IN CONTROL of everything that is going on?
- the feel of the material on your skin?
-the actual satification of making something with your hands?
- the sense that you are now connecting with your ancestors who used to have sewing a part of their lives?
-the thought of how much you are going to enjoy this when it's done?
-the compliments?
-the pride?

I say it's all these things!

YOU DON'T NEED A THERAPIST. YOU NEED A SEWING ROOM .

(how's that for a t-shirt logo? haha)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Love handmade rockabilly items by me? Selling jewelry!