Finished Project - Bowling for Hotness 1940s princess seam housedress

AM I LOUD ENOUGH FOR YOU, DARLINGS?
 I love bowling, I love uniforms. TA-DAH!
Found this retro bowling design on a ma and pa fabric store website, quite by accident. I fell in love immediately, and I plan more dresses with this fabric as an accent.


Ready to take your order....and your money hahah!
   It's a twist on a 40s housedress pattern that buttons down one princess seam. It has one pocket, and I designed two. I liked the idea of an asymetric pocket design. It was easy to draft and make.

 Quilting Cotton is the contrast material for yokes, sleeves, and pockets.
Has yoke in front only
 Lots and lots of buttons.
The original pattern had 4 buttons. I think I used 12.
The buttons go down along the where the seam sits in a princess cut, so there is an extra panel underneath the seamline with buttons sewed on it. It's only about 5 inches wide and covers one boob. odd design....

I always get button gapes at my waist.  Whadaya gonna do?
HAPPY SEWING!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!