An Update on My Summer Projects!

Thanks to those who noticed that I had not posted in a while! I have been making dresses like a madwoman and I have been working on getting my Blues Band up and running. Here are some updates, and later I will post full outfit details, I have so many you have not seen!


My little sister had a baby girl! I made this dress with my own pattern. It's adjustable as she grows. I mailed it out to her and she actually should be getting in the mail today. Maybe I can get her to put a pic on Facebook so I can see how it looks. It was a single rectangle where I made casing at the top for a draw string. The bottom is a simple hem. Only takes 10 minutes to make. This is a "sample" and I guess I will have to make adjustments ( I have not seen the baby yet because they live in another state).
 Let's see....oh!
I added to my ink last week. A few more skulls and a lock and key. You see the "flapper" skull here at the top. love her.
I made this so fast that it would make your heads spin, baby. Only about 5 hours from cut to finish. It's my own pattern inspired by 40s sportswear. Simple, light fabric from Walmart.
I seriously cannot effing live without big pockets on the front of my dresses anymore. They are so damn convienient I cannot tell you!

I am currently working on a test of this one. I decided that the one piece princess is not for me. I have way too much of a difference between hip size and upper bust. It's just....blech. So I am doing this one with a princess bodice sewn onto a princess skirt. The difference from what you see here will be a waist line seam. It doesn't bother me if in the end I get a better fit. We shall see. I did have to create a special version of princess for this because, as you see, the princess runs right on the edge of the arm strap! I don't know about this one...
 Pockets are damn cute I tell ya.

The Pat O Rama sundress is done and I have made 2 of them. Love em. Photos will be coming! I have to schedule a shoot with the photog. I think I might actaully have more than 5 new ones to post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!