Finished Project: The Monster Dress Part 2- Early 60s Mail Order Pattern

 Que Tal Amigos? I have not had much time for sewing lately, but I do have two handmade vestidos to post.

This is an early 60's mail order pattern with a large collar and a contrasting skirt yoke and button detail.
 I am posing on this antique store find that I brought home last week.
 For the skirt yoke, I actually made the princess skirt sloper, as usual, but just created a fake yoke that lays on top of it. I folded under the bottom round part of the yoke and top stitched it down. It looks like a real yoke, but with less drafting work.
 This is the last of the scrap Alexander Henry Universal Monster fabric that I have. I had it stashed and when I saw this blue stretch poplin at Hancock Fabrics, I knew this was the dress I was going to make.
 There is a button in the center of the skirt yoke for decoration, I used my Mema's button stash and picked up these black buttons with shiny fake rhinestone.
 The brooch is a yard sale find.
I got my low lights redone last week and I love them.

I hope you like this dress. It's very light and is perfect for summer wear. 
Happy Sewing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!