Finished Project with tutorial video: The Campy 50s Sundress

It's Campy, it's weird, it's 50s...what else could I want?
Little airstream Trailers, picnic chairs, flamingos, grills, 50s cadillacs and plymouths!
Perhaps some mega cool pockets? Check Please!
The yellow contrast is actually the pocket facing folded over. I tacked them down, I cannot imagine having them flapping like seals all day long. Would be distracting, no?
I like how the back collar hangs there like some sort of banner.
Don't I lokk ready to go lounge in a park under the tree shade?
*This hootchie mama don't sit in the sun*
Some like it Hot, others have no choice because it's March and it's windy outside.
My chooos are from Romans.com
I can't open my eyes or the sun will burn me.
If I can't see it; it can't burn me LOL
Ok where was I, oh yes....sewing. I have like 12 buttons on this thing. That was a needle breaker, man
see the lady hiding under the giant collar/awning?
I love these huge collar 50s dresses. I think huge collars in the 30s and 50s are the hottest junk. Where did huge collars go? This one is lightly interfaced to keep the shape crisp.
I worked my ample ass off to get that skirt center seam to pattern match. See...Dad and his sonny boy there are in deep conversation.....that's as good as it gets. I didn't have enough material to pattern match the bodice. I don't think it's a demerit. Lets just say it was a war time shortage....
Did I tell you that I am in love with pockets too? I picked an unfortunate topstich design and was not able to pick it out. So it is, what it is. But you can barely see it. But it didn't round corners well. They look lop-sided (the pockets not my booboids) but they are SUPPOSED to be.



Oh yea, here is the start of the fill in work on my arm. I am going for an ART DECO meets GOTH theme.
I have to fill in the other side of my Angry Pixie with more art deco.
Cute buttons! I picked yellow to match the print because my Mema likes yellow, and I can feel her aroudn when I sew yellow dresses. Plus I don't own any yellow dresses.
This is the last foto of me con pello largo you will see.

Here is a video of the PATTERN ALTERATIONS and some advice on how to do it!
Note the lady holding the glass in the pattern illustration!



I think I am spoiling you people with too many posts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!