I Chopped My Hair Off- Don't Look!

Because I felt like I needed a change.....

I have cut off my 1940s Middy Haircut. I was inspired by the beautiful Clara Bow to go for a 1920s/30s Bob....


Not "rockabilly"
I have the hypothesis that if I don't have victory rolls and Betty Bangs people will stop calling me pinup or rockabilly...
Not that there's anything wrong with it.
heaven knows I've been called worse.

But is seriously pisses me off because I would rather be called "vintage inspired" or something like "retro."

It's all just words anyway =-) But there is the motivation for the style I chose.

My head was bleached so much that you could see through the hair. This was needed anyway.
Bobs have always worked for me. I have thin hair.

I had a razored bob in college. It was actually a Shingle Cut.

I am kind obsessed with hair. I would fancy myself a HAIR JUNKY.

I wake up every day and have a new 'do planned.
I stare like a big fat nerd at vintage hairdos.

It's from my mama.

She is a Hairdresser.
At any rate, cutting 3" off my head is an event. Since my hair is a slow grower.



Channeling Barbara Lamarr

Channeling Clara Bow



The Garbo


This is a dry pin curl set done at night after a curling iron set. It was damp all day and even after a trip outside it stayed in.

 What's fun about the bob cut is that it can easily be styled in 50s and 60s fashion!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Love handmade rockabilly items by me? Selling jewelry!