Finished Project: Liz Taylor Goes to Japan Dress- Late 50s Style

Liz Taylor you say? I imagine she would be the perfect model for this dress. Her raven hair would be perfect for it.
 If you watched my last couple videos, you got plenty of info on how I altered the pattern. Now here is the modeling session!
My hair was being a total pendejo on my photo shoot day
  
Isn't this just the most beautiful fabric you have ever seen?
The buttons are from my Grandmother's button stash. There were exactly the right amount of buttons!
I thought they looked like jade.
Original pattern has a princess seam skirt. I opted to make this with a 1/4 circle skirt. Too much print matching
God I love this dress!
Did I tell you I had to go to two different fabric stores (Joanne Fabrics) to buy enough fabric?
The first store had 3 yards and they were all chopped up in to 1 yard sections =-/
The second store had a continuous bolt.

There is a center front seam on the skirt. You can see it close up.

We had to come inside to take a descent hair picture. Sometimes my head is like Medusa.

I made another dress with this pattern ( you can see the top in the previous videos)  AND AND AND...a matching clutch purse...STAY TUNED!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!