Finished Project: Early 60s Sundress

 I found a early 60s pattern for a Sundress and Jacket in an antique store a few months ago. It was a size 42 bust, so I bought it for $5. It's a pretty standard pattern, the only detail being a fake button closure on both shoulders. This is a perfect comfortable sundress pattern that can be casual and formal. It has a jacket that I have not made yet
 I cut my own bangs. For the last 2 years I have had the same haircut, but I go back and forth between U shaped bangs and long bangs.
 The material is quilting cotton. The front is a red dice print, I made my husband a shirt from it 2 years ago and had a yard left.
 I attached my standard half circle skirt pattern
 The neckline and arm holes are faced with red cotton
 The button looks functional, but it's a fake. The little tab is sewn inside the shoulder seam, and then a button hole is made in the tab. Then a button is sewn onto the shoulder. You can unbutton it, but it doesn't remove the strap like it looks it would. Very clever.
I bought some old glasses and got my lenses put in them. I have been wearing them at work. They give me a bruise on my left ear. I think the arms are not long enough. I have heated them up in front of my electric heater and bend them carefully into shape. They were a complete mess when I bought them; didn't even lay flat on the table.  The frames are grey. The head scarf I made from cotton scraps. It's the perfect length that when tied it has the perfect length tabs on top of my head. It's just a long rectangle shape. Maybe I should make a how to video!
At the moment I am finishing a 40s yoke and collar dress with an Asian print by Alexander Henry (seen in last video). I am also about half done with a 1930s ruffle cross bodice dress made in a blue, white, and yellow daisy print cotton! STAY TUNED!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!