What do you think about 1930s faTshion?

That is my question!!! I obviously work well with 40s and 50s fashion. I have a high waist, large ass, a deep swayback, large bust, smaller chest...blah blah so the fitted bodice and wide flared skirt does wonders for balancing out my shape. I have pretty much perfected what I need to do to 40s and 50s patterns to make them work for me...so

 WHAT ABOUT 30's FATSHION???

I wear a getup like this every day. But obviously not an old one- I made my own from one of those Crownette Shaping slips. (look here) I sewed garter clips to it. I wear tights now, cause it's winter. I can clip the garters to my tights by pinching them. It works to keep the shaper slip in place too. I can also use thigh highs in this configuration.

Ok this should be enough shaping to pull off 30s Fatshion, but I need to really think about which way to make it work for moi!
First One I rule out: DROP WAIST

See how the body makes a triangle with the shoulder being the longest side? Perfect for inverted traingle shapes, however....me has a right side up triangle shape...no worky worky for me.

So we need to leave my waist where it belongs HAHA! What about a princess seam dress, those work on me!
I have a pattern close to this type.
It makes me think of the working girl, like the Joan Crawford character would wear.

Now What do we think about this ruffley cross-over wrap design?


I found one of these in the 40 bust range at an antique store. I don't know about this working for me. This is what I call the Jean Harlow girl, very fancy and fun. That's a lot of detail in the booboid region. I think I might give it a try; it could surprise me!

The length has to come up though, I like a bit shorter than tee length to show off some leg. These look like panel skirts. I don't really like how panel skirts drape on my big ass!

There may be some 30s styling in what I come up with: but I think I will leave out that ass hugging panel skirt, and just tame down my half circle skirt.
What other options do you think work for 1930s Fatshion?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!