Finished Project- Route 66 Dress Version 2!



mmmwha! How are you my sexy sewing/fashion friends? I am getting ready for a band show tonight! I have been also sewing a new dress that has turned out to be quite a muther! I made a video about how I altered the pattern. You will see!

Ok Ladies, you know what is AWESOME about SEWING? You can take your scraps and made MORE dresses! Seriously it is so cool. It spurs me to be more creative with prints and solids. Here is my Route 66 pattern cotton used in a different dress. The pattern is the same as my "Los Novios: Dia de los muertos" dress.
The bodice is the standard 4 dart fitted bodice with a shaped and faced neckline. The shoulders are dropped to form the mini sleeve.
It has a beautiful low-scoop neck back.
See the beautiful blue car? It was the inspiration for the blue color. If you remember the previous dress made with the Route 66 fabric (see my right side column) I focused in on the light green. This time I used the blue and it takes the print to a whole different level I think. Funny how that happens. 
This pattern came with the beautiful pocket design. On the "muertos" dress I made them black contrast. This dress I decided to make the pockets blend in with the skirt.
You have to be close to see the pockets. I find them very handy!
Daaaaarlinks My profile is glamorous, no? Booty Time!
So some women may say NO to having two dresses with the same print-----me-----I say YES! 
What a chance to showcase a favorite print in two fun ways!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!