Finished Project: The King of Rock N Roll Dress

The most expensive pattern purchase I have made was this Advance Pattern. I won't tell you how much. It makes me sick LOL. I love it so hardcore that I dream about it. The Elvis Fabric was meant for this dress. And since I spent my ass on it, you are going to see more of this pattern in different variations This is dress number two from the pattern. It's the view B option- with collar. Dude, you know an Elvis tribute dress needs a huge fecking collar!  I LOVE wearing this dress. It looks great, feels like a dream, it's light, it's twirly...all that good shit.

 Soy una fantasma, I am always this white, no really I am
 Don't you hate static?
 The material is cotton. Do I ever * not* use cotton????- well I have...but never liked it.

I actually wore this on New Year's Eve at the band gig.

 The pattern is a Raglan Sleeve. My first of this type.I started with my kimono sleeve sloper, and drew in the sleeve-yoke pieces, following the original 50's pattern. It's not a straight grade-up, but a design change in my sloper. I found that this is the best way to go about these complicated patterns.

Oh yeah, I made a test. It turned out all floppy on my upper bust. My booboids are about 5-6 inches larger than my upper chest. If I add booboid room, then the chest gaps. I had to do a smaller chest adjustment. I slashed thru the waist darts up to the neckline, and then spread them apart. As I spread them, the necline overlapped on itself. The effect was narrowing the upper chest and not changing the full bust. The excess fabric from the change was all transferred into the waist dart. I figured this out on my own using Jedi mind tricks.

Looking at this picture you can almost tell that my chest is sized different than my bust. The color blocking just works magic to even it out. Guay, no?
The collar and front sleeve-yoke is done in matching green. It gives the illusion of a bolero, no? I like it!

Me and Elvis are ready to rock!
Oh, and Happy 34th Birthday to MOI tomorrow!
I made a dress for mi cumpleaƱos! I will show you next time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!