Finished Project: Devil in the Red Dress

Sassy Time!

Thanks to all my gal pals for giving me the pep talk in my last blog entry, because it got me to take pictures!
Love you all!
 If you watched the video I posted, this is the exact dress I planned from the Butterick retro Pattern:

Mine is done from my personal plus size kimono sleeve sloper. So I have side bust darts for fitting. I also have shorter sleeves, which Butterick does not have. I traced the basic shape of the Butterick neck onto my sloper, and used the Butterick collar exactly as drafted. I am very pleased with it and will be making more of these. I think I would like to do a print with it. I would like a print with a solid collar on the inside and some solid trim.
 People tell me I look good in red....not sure...but I definitely got comments at work. Mostly about how "bright" the red was. Hey if you can't handle the heat- get out of the kitchen! Hot Tamale!

 Side zip is not seen here, but it's there =-)
See all the extra room Kimono sleeves have? For me, I think this is the best I can get the fit without loosing ease. Those folds are ease that I can't get away with taking out- without serious movement restriction.
 The material is cotton stretch- Sateen. I really love the weight and feel of it. I think I might buy some in Navy Blue to do a dress with.
Happy Sewing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!