Finished Project: Halloween Pinup Dress- Late 50s Inspired

 
I forget which on-line fabric store I first spotted this print. It's another discontinued Alexander Henry Print. GOD I LOVE THAT COMPANY.
This is the same pattern as the other double collar dress I posted. I wore this for a Halloween Ball in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania. I had a cute little feather hat with a veil. This dress is PURE awesome, and I will be wearing it to band shows for sure. Like MINISTRY says: Every Day is Halloween!
sin cinturon


Funny story about that hair bow. It came off of it's clip. I was gluing it onto another clip. Like a complete dumbass, After I glued it, I held it up to my hair...with glue not solid yet. Si! I actually glued the bow to mi cabello! Que tonta! I  had to pull my hair out!


con cinturon

Do you like it better with belt or without belt?
Now that I see both, I think I might like no belt better...
The original pattern has cuff sleeves. I made scallop sleeves instead. It was part of my master plan to nail down making those tricky bastards. I like the look!
Oh yea....Have you ever bought buttons, then ran out, went back to buy more and they were out at the store! Ay Dios Mio! I improvise! Buy a set of buttons that are complimentary, and then alternate button types! Then tell people it's part of your design! LOL SUCKAS!

I hope you like it! I do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!