Finished Project: The Day of the Dead Los Novios" Dress- Mid 50s Inspired

Alexander Henry Fabric, of course! It's called Los Novios, which means "the couples" in Spanish. Que Bonita! Me encantan las cosas de el dia del los muertos!
It literally has every color in the rainbow. I can wear ANYTHING with it. This is a 50's ish Advance Pattern.
As you can see, the back plunges quite low. Que Sexi, no?
I have decided that I am going to get sewing scissors tattooed next to the pin cushion...
I almost did a hot pink pocket. But I liked the black better. The are effing huge pockets. The design is pretty.
I needed to twirl around! YAY!
I made this flower. The center piece is a 50s rhinestone brooch that belonged to mi Abuelita. Te gusta?
It's another beautiful neckline, too! I call it a portrait type.
I like it without the belt better. Maybe I should just stop wearing that damn belt....
Material: cotton 6 yards
Pattern: 50 Advance size 40, graded up to a 52
Design Details: fitted, sleavless bodice with a drop shoulder, portrait neckline, and plunging back neckline: full skirt with two front pockets
Construction Time: 10 hours including a test bodice and pattern drafting
Closure: none needed fits over the head, but I put in a side zip anyway.
STAY GLAM!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!