Finished Project: The Bone Dress

Hello! Long time; no see! This dress was not supposed to turn out so cute. It was a test for the neckline and sleeves. The scallop edge neck came from a late 50s pattern. The pattern also has kimono sleeves- MY NEMESIS!! They never fit right on me. So when I up sized the pattern, I made a sample out of this cotton skeleton fabric I had in my stash. It is like a waxy cotton, almost like it supposed to be for a table cloth....not really the best for draping. That's why it lays weird on my butt.
Still there are some issues with the fit, so I am going to be back at the drafting table! Enjoy!

not too bad for a test!

green bottom trim and matching on the inside of the scallop edges

see the weird bubble but drape
the earrings are from mi abuelita, they were clip ons, but I glued posts on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!