Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!

When I found out that I could buy Skelanimals fabric, I was so excited! I love the Skelanimals that you can buy at Hot Topic.
So this is the first ever Skelanimals 50s inspired dress....I think. LOL
 The pattern for the neckline is copied from a late 50s McCalls pattern. I added red piping to make it pop.
 I also made a red belt. I used a buckle from a pair of my shoes that had fallen apart.
 The skirt is cut on the bais.
 I also cut sleeves on the bias.
 I drafted a seam pocket on the one side. I made it a bit too low, but it will still come in handy!
 The sleeves have small red rick tack to add a second touch of color.

From far away it looks like all dots, but close up you can see the Skelanimals!
I think it looks very Lucy!
I wore it to my acoustic gig last night
 It matches my vintage looking hollow body guitar!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?