Silly 30s hair!

 You must excuse me. I am the first born daughter of a hairdresser ( a damn good one at that). I was brought to the shop while Mom worked. By the age of 10 I could set a doll's hair for a perm in  about 40 minutes...
 All my dollies are now bald. It's not my fault.... they had weak hair!
So it's just natural that I fell in love with the art of beautiful hairstyles crafted by hand. Every day I like to try something a little different. I don't like to be bored with hair. I move through different decades and try all the looks. If it's a challenge, I like it even more.
Who ever invented finger waves is a god. To me, they are the ultimate master of hair...the master of the domain; if I may.
They make me weak in the knees.

I am a TOTAL hair whore. I drool over a good hair style. Sometimes I miss 10 minutes of a movie because I am watching THE HAIR.
 This is my take on 30s fingerwaves. I set them using gel and finger waves done by hand. Since my hair is kind of too long for 30s I put it up in large pincurls at the neck base. I saw a Barbara Stanwick movie with this style. Yeah it's a bit messy, but it looks "real." It always bugs me that perfect hollywood hair is so prevalent. Real women had fly aways, and frizz,  and uneven rolls and all that stuff. I am also a freak that finds beauty in imperfection so I prefer a little mess.
every once and a while I wish I was a hairdresser in the 30s/40s. 
Mind you, I can't cut...just style...
I think I would have kicked ass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!