New Plus Size Sewing Tutorial! Mini Video Lesson on Adapting Vintage Patterns to Plus size!



Hello! I put this together rather quickly this weekend. It has a major gaff but I pretty much don't care because *I* think it adds personality, and demonstrates my psycho-ness quite nicely LOL.

This is a small sample of my process used to take vintage patterns and re-make them in my size. No...I don't grade up. No....I don't copy and then cut and slash. It's easier than that....

I have my sloper (a basic bodice and skirt pattern that is fitted to by body like a glove) and is serves as the foundation for every vintage pattern I make. You can buy one (called a fitting shell) at Butterick. If you search "fitting shell" on the Butterick website it comes up in the results. You have to follow the (very well written and illustrated) directions to get the perfect fit. It takes some work, but MAMACITA it is the bees knees when you HAVE ONE!

For each pattern, I use my wittle eyes to analyze the pattern style lines and how they differ from my sloper.

Then, I modify my SLOPER, not the vintage pattern, so it has the same style lines as the vintage look. EASY. AND IT FITS EVERY TIME.

This pattern is a 38 Bust and my sloper is a 53, so that's why it appears so tiny against my pattern, just use your eyes to trace around the pattern and you will see that it is the same basic shape.

ENJOY!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!