Finished Project Chica Verde Series 2!

This pattern was given (actually a copy of it) to me by Andrea at New Vintage Wardrobe. I liked Andrea the very first time we conversed on a forum. I no longer partake in said forum because its pretty douchebaggy and it's a long story....BUT I do follow Andrea and we chat =-) She sent me this copy, what a honey!

This is a 40s pattern with princess seams and a button close on the front along the princess seam. Now let me tell you how much trouble that gave me!!! AYE!
This is Simplicity 2247! No duh! I have a vid showing how I took Simplicity 2247 and made in one piece instead of having a separate bodice. Well all I had to do to get this dress/pattern  to fit me, is copy the front button parts from Andrea's pattern! DONE! I also studied the pieces and learned how to make the extra panel on the inside of the dress that the buttons are sewed onto. And I copied the neckline directly.
The single pocket is cute. This is the original pattern pocket. I just omitted the ribbon tie they used. The original only has like 4 buttons to hold the dress shut, and the ribbon. With DDs? Um....NO! I put 12 buttons on! I think I want at least 3 more on the bottom too. I ran out.
 I look like una mujer veija
 mi cara.
 please let me indulge. it's a sickness.
 the schnoze is particularly handsome
 purple hair and pearls
 ok now es ridiculo, let's just do one more...
 ok. terminado ahora. Tengo hambre. I tried to eat my pearls. Pearls hurt. Nor are they tasty.
 Ok back to the dress. Hope you like the material. I have another dress half made with the same fabrics! LOL The buttons are pretty neato.
The neckline was tricky. See..No facing! All turned and stitched. Lots of hand sewing securing these down. I also did my own thang when i came to turning that first button facing over. The original pattern was a little dumb LOL So I added more material to the flap because it felt more secure to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!