Finished Project: The 50's Peach Dress!

Hello! This is the finished dress I made from the complicated 50s dress pattern in my previous posts. I wore this to a wedding yesterday. It was 105 degrees outside, so I was very glad not to be wearing black!
 It's not my standard skirt block, It's the one that comes with the pattern, just upsized for my hips. I like the flow. The hem is hand sewn with the nylon horsebraid to make that hem lay full.
I also made the matching belt.
I am crazy about the green and peach color combo.
haha no zips. I hate zips. They poke me.
The length is tea length. 
The button is from Mema's sewing cabinet. My Mema would have loved this dress. She liked pastels.
 And of course, I am now a full 1940s reject with platinum and purple hair!
 Complete with full bang wave and spit curl.
I have had to completely adjust my makeups. I am wearing pale lavender eye shade and coral lippy. It goes better with the pale hair.
And I hade to got a tad lighter on the brow pencil. 
Cute, no?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!