I do not like this pattern: they were on crack when they drafted it

M6085 view D is stupid!
(the other dress is ok, I made one last year and like it)

I spent about a total of 6 hours making the dress in pink on the envelope. Don't really like it.  
Why?
1. The neckline is STUPID low. I even raised it an inch and its showing my bra. DRAFT FAIL

2. The sleeves are "turn and stitch" With this shape of armhole this is almost impossible without clipping all the way around. This is frustrating. Bias tape or your own facings are recommended by MOI. 

3. This is the weirdest collar I have EVER done. You sew the TWO facings onto the collar first, then flip it right side out, and then sew one collar FACING to the neck. the directions are a bit lacking here in pictorials, so it took me about 15 minutes of head scratching before I figured out what they wanted you to do.

What did I like? Their weird collar method (which I did not interface and I wish I did) did make a nice neckline.

Wearability?
The dress I made is now a "beach coverup" because I just don't dig it on my curvy body. It's boxy and hides my shape. So I just pinked all the allowances, including the armhole and the bottom hem. I will post a picture of it for you to see.

Anyone else make this dress in PLUS SIZE?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!