Finished Project: A 1951 McCalls Shirtwaist dress made for Wednesday Addams!

This is a dress NOT for moi...oh the horror! HAHA I made this dress in a swap with a lady on Craftster.

She wanted a Wednesday Addams dress, and I wanted a painting of the goth/horror/vintage variety.

Here is the pattern I used:
I used quilting cotton. I took it in here, let it out there in order to get close to her size.
 The waist has two gathers in lieu of a singe dart. Mirrored in the front and back.
Here is the signature pointy Wednesday collar. Most people think it was a peter pan, nuh uh....it's pointed.
Interesting to note about this pattern; the front button facing is drafted directly onto the skirt and top. It is literally just folded over and sewn down onto the dress with right sides facing, then just turn the facing to the inside. It was quick, no extra pattern pieces to cut out and sew. I finished with an overlock stitch.
I like this method of facing. See, not everything modern is better!

Here is my Kick Ass Painting I recieved:
It's my woman, Bette Davis! Done in half Day of the Dead! 

She really nailed the Bette Davis Eyes!

GLITTER!
Creativity ROCKS!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!