Psycho Sue Defends Tattoos!

I have long been a warrior in the war of SELF EXPRESSION, INDIVIDUALISM, SELF ACCEPTANCE. Whenever I see a person who is being put down because of their body, be it tattoos, piercings, or weight, I ALWAYS get very passionate about defending them.

The blog Sewing on the Edge had a great series of posts that I commented on today, and the blog author,Barbara, has been supportive of my opinions and has paid tribute to me HERE
Check her out. She is a sweetie.

She originally posted about an article where the author dictates their own opinion on what Senior Citizens should wear. Which, of course, is RIDICULOUS.She doesn't allow them to wear bathing suits!!!

My tattoos are LIVING, BREATHING works of art. They are on living flesh, and a part of moi. I have designed them because of what they represent and mean to me. And they are for ME.
For instance, this one reminds me every day that inside every single one of us is a skeleton. No matter what shape we have or face we have, we all are striped down to the same skeleton. It's what is on the outside that makes us all unique, but what is on the inside makes us all family. The highest of person looks like the lowest of person without flesh. And we are all flesh.


That's my first Les Paul guitar on my arm. The exact one. A musician and their instrument have a special bond. I chose to have her "named Violet" with me forever, because she is part of my story. And yes , she gives my soul wings to soar on the notes of my own music.


I often have people tell ME that I will be sorry when I am old because they will look "stupid." It may be stupid for them, but for me it's my life story written like a book, and I could never reject my own life. No matter how imperfect I am or how my story ends. It's MY story, And it's beautiful because it's LIFE.

When are people going to realize that YOU don't exist to please them? I don't give a rats ass about how they feel about it!

Celebrate life however YOU feel fit, and however gives you the most joy. And shit on the rest.

If you see a woman with Disney tattoos (for example - not picking on Disney here) it may look stupid to you,and you might think it's a poor choice that she has to live with. But do you know...that she and her mother watched Disney movies together when she was a child, and she lost her mother to breast cancer when she was 12. Now Disney movies are a part of her good memories she has about her mom, and they comfort her. You can't possibly KNOW that. But that woman does. And you judged her for it!

 To me they tell a story that I am writing on my arm. This FRIDAY, I am getting a new design. This one is an idea I came up with a month ago, and planned to make an art project, then I thought, hey.....this is so important to me, I should get this inked.

It's a surprise....

Hint: It's about self acceptance....and sewing..... STAY TUNED!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah