New Tattoo! Psycho Sue Original Design! Sewing meets body acceptance meets old school tattoo!


swallows carry a tape measure and needle and thread



It's done! It's all my design, drawn and inked by my friend Sherry at her shop! 


The tape measure represents my belief and understanding I have gained from the Fat Acceptance/Fatshion Movement from bloggers like Not Blue at All, The RotundLips, Hips, and Fatshion TipsFuck Yeah Chubby Girls about being BEAUTIFUL at any size. Any way you measure yourself with this tape measure, it reads a  positive word about yourself. I thought of this concept in the car on my way home from work one day. I wanted to make an art project out of it; but then thought, "hey you can get this inked!"
ouch! i made my outfit though!
half way!

linework done
 I have wanted the old school swallows for a long time. I thought they would be cool ;mixing my love of vintage tattoo with sewing. Swallows represent a lot of things, for me they mean being free or liberated. They were perfect to pair with sewing because being able to create my own garments has essentially liberated me. I am free to create my own fashion identity because of sewing. I can walk into any room and be the only one there that has this dress on. To me that is very awesome, and very much a part of who I am!

swallows get color
it's on my right calf on the outside
I wanted a needle and thread in one of the swallows mouths. Cute! It reminded me of the scene in Cinderella where the swallows make her a dress for the Ball. The best part is that my artist Sherry knows me so well that all I did was describe this in an email. I told her all the elements I wanted. And she put them all together like this!
 STAY GLAM!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah