I'm Back and Starting a new Project! How to Change a modern pattern to look like a Vintage dress!

So yeah, it wasn't strep it was some dumb virus Thanks to those that worried about moi. It's good to know that I am loved <3 <3. But it took a week to go away, and once it was gone I went sewing crazy.I have 3 completed dresses to show everyone YAAAAY!

So, the new project. I am taking Simplicity 2247, the "Newspaper Dress" and modifying the pattern too look like...
 ADORABLE 40s Princess seam dresses! I have been in love with the ones in 40s Sears catalogs FOREVER. So now is the time to do it! AND show you how!
More examples of what I am after:
There are 3 things that need to be done to 2247 to get this 40s look. 
1. You have to make the bodice and dress ONE piece with no waist seam. This is a merge done on paper.
2. Have to make it a button down front instead of a zipper back. This takes some work...
3. Make any neckline or collar you want. I haven't picked one yet. I might just leave it as a V neck to start.

Here is the first video; where I explain how this is going to be done! Enjoy! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah