These are the things I have been enjoying! (aka old junk and sewing)

Tengo una vida loca, but I like it that way! I have a completed dress to show you soon, and a sneek peak at a what's on my sewing table right now. But I must share a few things with you that I have been enjoying!
 I changed my hair. I put low lights in. I used Wella Color Charm level 7, a medium blonde.
You guys probably figured out that I am a hair nerd, and I am always changing.

This is actually my latest finished project, but you can only see part of it!
You have to be good putas and wait.

old phone
                                               What the hell is this? Let me explain.
We went on that trip to the Poconos and on the way home we stopped in Emmitsburg at an antique mall. I bought some really, really nice junk. This is a line man's pole Bell Telephone test set from the 1950s. He clipped this to his belt, went up the pole, and clipped onto the wires and was able to make test calls (or listen in on a line!). The rotary dial has the old number scheme of letters and numbers.
I think it's cool as shit.
I also visited East Stroudsburg, PA where I found a pair of the ugliest vintage lamps. I am in love with them. They appear to be 40sish. They were re-wired and had the shades already. I have these little asian beautis on either side of my couch now!
Also in East Stroudsburg, I found an actual RECORD store.
I was in the process of having a 1960s Emerson Solid State Player restored by my friend and former boss, John.

I went NUTS. I had the biggest grin on my face the WHOLE time in there. It felt like I was robbing a fabric outlet.

I don't have fotos of them, but in Emmitsburg I found ANDREWS SISTERS records (78s from the 40s). For me it's like the holy grail of findings. You see, the Sisters, Glen Miller, Tommy Dorsey, and Bing Crosy are MY PEEPS. I listen to them everyday.

And here it is! I just got it back yesterday! All restored with new sea foam green tolex (it was grey paper before)
  • new covering
  • new speakers
  • new wiring
  • new speaker covers
  • new needle
  • new belt
  • new capacitors
  • new harware
You have no idea how much of a mess this thing was. We found it in the basement of my husband's parent's house. It belonged to his father or his sister (both muerte). I have spent 2 hours laying on the floor listening to it. The first time I heard it I cried. What a dork.

John made the backs of the speakers in clear plexi. I can slip whatever fabric I want inside there to customize the look. I chose this 50s diner themed print. The speakers close and latch like doors. I even bought a wire record stand for $25 in PA. I am all set! I will listen to this while I sew!

I bought this on line. I have not started working with it yet. It has some of my favorite songs in it! Maybe I should make some videos of me singing these 40s hits?


Isn't she the most beautiful head vase you ever saw? She was blroken and glued. I love her. She has yellow flowers now for my Mema.

My boy pug is loco. He eats his peanut butter Kong with his ass up in the air and his head turned like this.

Here is my work in progress. It's another collared dress. I am using the LAST of the Universal monster fabric. It makes me sad. But it should be worn! This is a mock up of the dress, no sewing had been done yet. I am done with the collar now, I won't be finished for a while because my June is so busy with shows and parties.
Stay Tuned!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!