I Have Developed a Taste for Anne Adams Patterns

Out of all the beautiful designer/pattern companies, I think I have the most love for Anne Adams.
Her mail order patterns date all the way back to the 30s.
 She has the most feminine and adorable design lines.
I am attracted to them like bees to honey hahah.

faux cape!
Her pinafores are MY FAVORITE!
And also dear to my heart is the amount of ric rac that she applies LOL

If it has scallops on it: it's most likey an Anne Adams.
I started collecting her patterns about 2 years ago.

Her patterns were bought through the mail and advertised in the newspaper. The mail order system allowed  many larger ladies to sew beautiful clothes, and these patterns are pretty easy to find on the market. Most of mine have the names and addresses still on the envelope. You talk about identity theft? Well old patterns have plenty of I.D. on them LOL.

The woman really could work a yoke, too. I adore it!
 It's a bit of a thriller too, very little is known about the pattern company itself, and the designers are also unmasked.
Rumor has it that the company was even split into separate branches by city and could therefore tailor their design offerings to the local fashion trends. Those farmer girls aren't going to be wearing what those chic city girls wear!
I also adore Marian Martin Mail Order Patterns, and if you look closely, I would suggest that these brands share designers...
These are Marian Martin:


See? Alot alike!

Happy Sewing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psycho Sue Reveals Her Seedy Past: and an Inspiring Poem by Sarah

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Finished Project: THE 50s SKELANIMALS DRESS!