Finished Project: The Kitschy Dames Dress!

 Can I hold a fabric stash or what? I bought these dames about 2 years ago and finally made them into a dress. I only had 2 yards, so I had to choose a design carefully! This is the same exact bodice as my last "Liz Taylor goes to Japan" dress. In fact, it was my test. You may remember it from the sewing videos I posted.
 See the darling patching purse! The clasp is magnetic. The design is one of those cheapo purse patterns they sell at Joanne Fabrics.
 From the back I appear like your regular sexi mujer
 The black material is Kona Cotton. The buttons are little pear flowers.
The earrings are my Grandmothers
 Now, this is differente, I didn't make these pockets on the Liz version. The pattern has an weird extra flap thingie on the pocket top that I omitted. They are diagonal! The one end is actually part of the center front panel seam. I really like that design!

Come to think of it, this skirt is a princess seam skirt. I had to draft it because my regular skirt pattern is a quarter circle. I started with this 1940s skirt pattern  I altered last year, and then had to make an adjustment so that the waist band of the skirt fit to my bodice. I think the skirt waistband was too big because it was meant to gather onto a waistband. There is a bit of ease drafted into to. I had to take a half inch off of it.

This little bag was an after thought. I had about 3/4 of a yard left after the dress, so I thought "what the hell...make a bag." I have made this before. I actually sold one LOL. It is made with a very stiff and heavy interfacing. I topped it off with the 50s brooch from my Mema. The pretty blue glass stones look nice. However it's kinda sharp edged....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finished Project: Have You Seen This Dress Somewhere Before?

Love handmade rockabilly items by me? Selling jewelry!